—Information accurate as of: build 904.83
The Assault Rifle, commonly referred to as an AK or misleadingly referred to as AK-47 or the AK-74 (which use 7.62 and 5.45 respectively), is an automatic ranged weapon that can fire all 5.56 Rifle Ammo variants. The Assault Rifle is quite expensive, but has a great rate of fire, and well-rounded damage and range. The Assault Rifle is most effective at close to medium range or long range if you're tapping with it. However, it does have a large amount of recoil.
The Assault Rifle can be crafted with
It takes 180 seconds to craft.
- A shot fired directly upwards takes 22 seconds to return to Earth.
- On the right side of the rifle's body, a small smiley face sticker is seen.
- The stock of the weapon is actually the handle of a shovel; this is likely a parody of the many uses of an AK, because they have been rumored to have been used in the field for as many things as frying eggs or digging holes. Or can be a reference to the famous gallery demonstrating a person making a fully functional AK out of a shovel (link)
- Can be obtained from the Attack Helicopter.
- Although it resembles the AK-47 it is actually based on the AK-74, which is chambered in 5.45x39 and not 5.56 rifle ammo like in Rust.