|Timed Explosive Charge|
|C4, useful for breaking into bases.|
|Known by default||No|
|Time To Craft||30 s|
—Information accurate as of: build 763959
Timed Explosive Charges are not to be confused with Explosives!
The Explosive Charge (commonly called "C4" or "Satchel Charge") is a craftable explosive weapon that can be thrown on walls and doors. After a short amount of time passes, the charge will explode, dealing a large amount of damage to the structures nearby. C4 will also deal damage to anyone standing within a close proximity when it explodes. Due to the destructive power of the Timed Explosive Charge, this is an ideal instrument of choice when used in a raid.
Explosive Charges can be found as rare drops in Airdrops, Barrels, and crates. They can be in blueprint or normal form.
Damage and function times Edit
|v • d • e||Weapon Attributes|
|Explosion Uses Forward||False|
|Min Explosion Radius||0.0|
|Only Damages Parent||True|
|Max Timer Amount||10.0|
|Min Timer Amount||10.0|
The Timed Explosive Charge needs to be researched before being crafted.
In order to craft one, it requires:
The materials required in order to craft 1 C4 from scratch are:
- 2,750 Sulfur to make Gunpowder and Explosives
- 3,750 Charcoal to make Gunpowder
- 250 Metal Fragments to make Explosives
- 57 Animal Fat to craft 75 Low Grade Fuel (and 1 extra)
- 24 Cloth to make Low Grade Fuel and Timed Explosive Charge
Which takes 26 minutes and 50 seconds to craft (time probably has to be recalculated as low grade fuel crafts were reduced).
Direct damage to:
- Stone structures - 250 dmg (out of 500)
- Armored door - 440 dmg (out of 800)
Timed explosive charges needed per structure:
- 1 needed for wood tier walls.
- 2 needed for stone tier walls.
- 1 needed for sheet metal tier doors.
- 2 needed for sheet metal tier walls. - A change to 3 is being debated but is not currently implemented as of 1/19/2016
- 2 needed for armored tier doors.
- 3 needed for armored tier walls.
- 1 needed for armored tier window.