|A Large Furnace.Use it to smelt ore.|
|Time To Craft||120 s|
—Information accurate as of: build 904.83
The Large Furnace is for players who don't want to spend time and resources to make a giant room full of normal Furnaces. This variation of the Furnace is much more efficient, and has a whopping 18 slots! It is still very costly, but if you have the resources, consider investing in this production machine. However, there is one downfall to the Large Furnace: it must be placed on open terrain. It cannot be placed in the build zones down in caves or on a foundation, although it is possible to surround it with walls right next to it, unlike a Mining Quarry.
The Large Furnace is used just like its normal sized counterpart. Simply put in a fuel source, some ore, and turn it on. The Large Furnace will then burn until it is turned off, or it runs out of fuel. To smelt ores faster, split them up and distribute them evenly across multiple slots. Just be sure to leave three slots open: one for the fuel source, one for the refined product, and one for the charcoal!
Efficient Smelting Edit
- It takes 120 seconds to craft one Large Furnace.
- The large furnace has 18 slots (3 times that of the normal furnace)
- The rate of smelting does not differ in the large furnace. It allows for more simultaneous smelting.
- Must be placed on open terrain, It cannot be placed on a foundation. Update: As of devblog 159 or 160 they can now be placed inside with a floor grill above (for ventilation) so they can now be secured in your base.
- Cannot be placed on steep hills.