Poisoning, specifically food poisoning, is a status effect that can be found in both Experimental and Legacy versions of Rust. It is a harmful side-effect of consuming raw or spoiled food. When one is poisoned, a small text box will show up at the bottom right corner of the screen, just above the vitals bars, which will read "Poisoned". As of Devblog 177 Burnt meat can be consumed without getting poisoned but will yield 1/4 of the effects
When this condition is active, the player will start to lose health at a steady rate for a moment. This can be very dangerous when raw food is consumed while the player is at low health, or does not have any medical equipment to deal with food poisoning.
How to Avoid/Deal with Poisoning Edit
- Never consume raw or spoiled meats, such as Raw Wolf Meat. (Mushrooms are okay, as well as findable foods such as Granola Bars.)
- Use a Medical Syringe to gain back lost health, or prevent yourself from dying. A Medkit would also work.
- If you have any properly cooked food on you, eat it and the effects of Poisoning should wear off soon after. You should also drink some water.
- If all else fails, just get to a safe spot (or as close to it as possible) so that when you die, you can recover your possessions.
- In Legacy Rust, while the player is Poisoned, the outer edges of the screen turn slightly green, and the player makes the sound of throwing up. Every time the player throws up they will also lose a certain amount of food until they are starving.
- In Legacy Rust, the Poisoned status effect will never wear off on its own, unless the player heals using medical equipment or cooked food.
|v • d • e||Mechanics|
|Attack||Damage Types • Projectiles|
|Environment||Animals • Barrels • Biomes • Flora • Loot Crates • Monuments • Rocks|
|Gameplay||Attack Helicopter • Airdrops • Building • Combat • Crafting • Gathering • Raiding • Repairing • Researching|
|Player||Health • Protection • Sleeping • Spawning|
|XP System||Experience • Skill Tree • Tech Tree|
|Category:Status Effects|| Bleeding • Building Privilege • Cold • Comfort • Drowning • Heat • Hunger • Injured • Poisoning • Radiation • Wet • Wounded