Research Table Edit
|You can use this table to create otherwise uncraftable components out of scrap|
|Time To Craft||60 s|
—Information accurate as of: build devblog 158
The Research Table is used to create components out of Scrap.
To create a component, you need an original of it to place down in the research table, so you cannot craft components you don't already have an instance of.Research tables can be found in Monuments as well as crafted for your base.
List may be incomplete
- Power Plant: On the second floor of a big central building next to the inner water reservoir, right next to a Recycler.
- Satellite Dish: Inside the socket of the more intact of the two standing dishes, soft wall needs to be broken.
- Airfield: In the tower building, in a separate room on the main floor.
Crafting a research table takes 60 seconds and requires:
To create a component, one instance of the item must be placed into the upper slot of the research table. Adding a stack of more than one item will not work. Each component has a specific amount of scrap which is needed to create the item reliably. It is possible to use less scrap, in which case the chance to create the component will be reduced linearly. The success chance will be displayed by the table in before, and if you place more scrap than required into the table, the amount needed for 100% chance will be taken.
Researching takes 10 seconds and gambling will yield the same return rate as using enough scrap on the long term, so it is recommended to always use enough scrap for a 100% success rate.
Recycling craft-able components will yield scrap, usually 10% of the crafting requirement. Cost and return are listed below.
|Item||Scrap to craft||Scrap yield|
|Empty Propane Tank||10||1|
|Semi Automatic Body||50||5|
- Researching will continue if you close the table's interface during the process. Items can be stored in the slots of the research table.
- The sound that plays when researching an item can be heard by anyone nearby.
- Research tables were originally implemented for another system, the Blueprint System. The table was then removed from crafting and re-introduced in devblog 158 with the introduction of Scrap.