|Known by default||Yes|
Small house with a door frame made out of wood.
A Wood Shelter was a small dwelling that could be crafted using Wood. Though quick and easy to set up, it could be broken down by melee hits or Grenades. It acted much like a 1x1 house made with a Wood Foundation, but a little smaller and more easily destroyed. Unlike Wood Foundations which required placement on relatively flat ground, Wood Shelters could be placed on top of other flat surfaces such as large boulders and rocky mountaintops, therefore making them an ideal choice for new players.
- 2HP per Rock - 500 Hits
- 1HP per Stone Hatchet - 1000 Hits
- 2HP per Hatchet - 500 Hits
- 6HP per Pickaxe - 175 Hits
On some servers they had a lifespan of 12 hours, so players had to be cautious when storing valuable items in it for extended periods of time.
- Both Wood Doors and Metal Doors could be placed on the front of Wood Shelters.
- Wood Shelters did not require a Workbench to craft, therefore making them a good early game choice for players.